How do you quickly merge cells in Excel?
ALT + H + M + M is the shortcut key to merge cells in excel. ALT + H + M + U is the shortcut key to unmerge cells in excel. If you are merging two cells together, then it will take out the right-hand side of the data and retain only the left-hand side portion of the data.
How do I merge cells in a table in Excel?
- In the table, drag the pointer across the cells that you want to merge.
- Click the Layout tab.
- In the Merge group, click Merge Cells.
How do I merge 3 cells in Excel?
Select the cell where you want to display the combined data. Type =CONCATENATE(AA, BB, CC) but insert your cell locations. Press Enter when done. Adjust the formula to include any needed spaces or punctuation.
How do you merge cells in Excel without losing data?
How to merge cells in Excel without losing data
- Select all the cells you want to combine.
- Make the column wide enough to fit the contents of all cells.
- On the Home tab, in the Editing group, click Fill > Justify. …
- Click Merge and Center or Merge Cells, depending on whether you want the merged text to be centered or not.