Are guinea pigs easy to take care of?
They require hay, fresh water, fresh vegetables and a small amount of pelleted food formulated for guinea pigs, plus a vitamin C supplement each day. They also need a fairly large cage lined with paper-based bedding.
Do guinea pigs like to be held?
How do you take care of a pet guinea pig?
What are the basic needs of a guinea pig?
- Solid-bottom cage (minimum 24 x 12 x 12 inches)
- Water bottle.
- Food bowl.
- Hay rack.
- A hide house (store-bought, or use a small flower pot)
- Chew toys.
- Aspen, pine, or recycled paper bedding (but NOT cedar – it’s toxic for your pet!)
- Timothy hay, orchard grass, or oat grass.
Do guinea pigs bite?
How do you potty train a guinea pig?
- Figure out where he or she likes to urinate. Guinea pigs will typically urinate in the same spot most of the time. …
- Set the litter box in that spot. …
- Reward your pet. …
- Attempt training outside the cage. …
- Don’t scold your guinea pig!
Do guinea pigs need a bath?
Do guinea pigs need shots?
Is it OK to just have one guinea pig?
Should you have 1 or 2 guinea pigs?
How often do guinea pigs poop?
Do guinea pigs need toys?
Is a male or female guinea pig better?
Are guinea pigs expensive?
Do guinea pigs get periods?
Is 2 or 3 guinea pigs better?
Do guinea pigs cuddle with you?
Why do guinea pigs poop blood?
Why do guinea pigs pee blood?
Do guinea pigs eat their babies?
However, guinea pigs eating babies is uncommon behavior. Guinea pigs eat their babies mostly by accident. When the mother guinea pig eats the babies, she does so because she is excessively hungry.